Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Liesl and Jeremy's Wedding!

Oh my, I am so excited about this wedding... it was truly a magical day, Adam and I feel so blessed to have been there to capture it. Liesl and Jeremy were married at The Ruins, a beautiful private event space that I think is one of Seattle’s best-kept secret wedding locations.

I met Liesl at the Alexis Hotel the morning of the wedding to photograph her getting her hair and makeup done by Erin Skipley of Bellatrix Studio.... beautiful job Erin!

She wore part of her Grandmother's veil in her hair, I loved how the delicate flowers went with her dress.



Liesl's Monique Lhuillier dress was a vision, I could not stop photographing it!! The bustle was custom made for her, and was inspired by a vintage dress she had seen in an old photograph... amazing.



We had such a fun time with their families, thank you all for a great portrait session... group hug!! :)


Liesl's sister, Justine, and her fiance Kurt (below) are getting married this September in Port Gamble, Washington... we're so excited to be there, what an adorable couple they are!!!








The Ruins did an amazing job with all the flowers and decor. As the guests arrived, each of the women received a flower for their hair, such a great idea!









The photo below was taken right before Liesl and Jeremy were lifted up in the air for the traditional Jewish Hora dance... I think the look on her face is so great!


During the Shtick the guests dance and perform for the couple. It's always so fun to see what everyone comes up with, I love the photo below of the pyramid that some of the guests made. Adam was standing right behind the couple when he took the photo... I think you can truly feel the energy in the room.


For their first dance, Liesl and Jeremy asked a friend, and opera singer, to sing La Vie en Rose for them.... it was so beautiful to watch.

At the end of the night Liesl changed into a fantastic going away outfit and the two of them peddled off on a red tandem bicycle... how great is that!!


Thanks again to both of you for a great day, congratulations... and happy honeymooning!!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guys, these photos are unbelievable. Thank you so much!!!
-Franny (Jer's sister in the orange dress)

Anonymous said...

I can't stop looking at these pictures! You have truly captured the magic! I wish I looked as happy as I was, walking Liesl down the aisle with her dad, but I was trying SO hard not to cry! Now I can! :-) Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you guys! Irene

Anonymous said...

For the record... My best friends are the best photographers ever!!!! I love it when I look at pictures and feel like I'm there!!!

P.S. Erin if you are reading this... AWESOME hair and make-up!

Anonymous said...

These are SO GREAT! We can't WAIT to see the rest of them! You guys are just amazing. We can't thank you enough!! --Liesl and Jeremy

Anonymous said...

Kim and Adam, these photos are magical! You captured the day so beautifully. I can hardly wait to have my own!

Love,

Justine

Anonymous said...

What a stunning wedding! You guys did an amazing job capturing the beautiful images of the day- I wish I was there! Actually, I wish that was me!!

Great job!

Anonymous said...

When I look at these I'm totally enveloped in the moment you photographed. Everything else stops around me, and I'm captured and taken to the magic of their experience. It is truly wonderful to be ale to be given a glimpse into the spirit, beauty and love of their day. Thank you for your intuitive artistry! Kandace

Anonymous said...

Found my way here from Judy Wise - lovely photos! Wedding days are such great days!

Kirsten said...

You are so talented. I am excited to watch you work in two weeks! Yeah!

Read and See said...

Best wedding ever! Your photos make the beautiful attire, decor and bride even more beautiful! I'm so glad you posted so many pictures - I kept going "don't end, don't end" because some photographers only post five or six.

Ken and Shanda said...

Well done, great pictures... looks like a magical day.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful wedding! I love, love, love Liesl's dress! I wore a lace Monique Lhuillier for my own wedding, but if I'd seen Leisl's dress first, I probably would have wanted to switch dresses! Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures with us.